- Fantasy Skating
- U.S. Figure Skating Auctions
- Members Only
- SKATING Magazine
- Judges & Officials
- Member Services
- Museum & Hall of Fame
- U.S. Figure Skating at a Glance
- Figure Skating A to Z
- Headquarters Staff
- Scholarships, Grants and Awards
- Mission Statement
- Contact Us
Welcome to the section of U.S. Figure Skating Online set aside just for judges. This will hopefully provide a centralized location for all the news and notes for U.S. Figure Skating judges, as well as notices regarding new forms to be downloaded, etc.
The IceWorks Skating Club is hosting a dance judges school in Aston, Pa., on Aug. 9. The deadline to register is Aug. 1. For information and the registration form, please click here.
The Judges Committee will be holding an appointment seminar, Aug. 15-17, 2014, in Oakland, Calif. The deadline to register is April 13, 2014, and late applications cannot be accepted. For more information, please click here.
The Professional Skaters Association (PSA) will be holding four full-day and seven half-day Nationwide Seminars around the country between June 27 and Oct. 19, 2014. U.S. Figure Skating judges and registered trial judges may attend these seminars free of charge. Those who attend a full-day seminar will receive 30 CEUs. Those who attend a half-day seminar will receive 15 CEUs. For more information and to register for a seminar, please visit the Nationwide Seminars page on the PSA website.
Moves in the Field Recertification Course: please click here (PDF) for more information.
Hosting a Judges SchoolU.S. Figure Skating member clubs are welcome to host judges' schools. This is a great way to keep your local judges up-to-date with the rules. Judges schools can also be open to coaches, skaters and/or parents, allowing all groups to get the same information at the same time. There are no specific requirements as to length or content; however, per rule JR 18.01, a club must obtain written permission of the national vice chair of the Judges Education and Training Subcommittee before hosting a school. If your club would like to host a sanctioned judges' school, please complete the Judges School Host Application and submit it to the vice chair for schools on the Judges Education and Training Subcommittee. Questions, please contact email@example.com.
If you're interested in becoming a judge, please click here for information on the steps you need to take and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Guidelines for Singles/Pairs Test Judges (PDF)
- Guidelines for Singles/Pairs Competition Judges (PDF)
- Guidelines for Dance Test Judges (PDF)
- Guidelines for Dance Competition Judges (PDF)
- Guidelines for Synchronized Skating Judges (PDF)
- Guidelines for Theatre On Ice Judges (PDF)
- Competition Appointment Tracking Sheet (XLS)
- Example of Completed Competition Appointment Tracking Sheet (PDF)
For a list of non-qualifying competitions approved for trial judging, please click here (PDF).
Holding a Competition with Trial Judges
If you are running a competition (qualifying or nonqualifying) that is going to have trial judges, it's very important that you have the proper volunteers, materials, equipment, meeting space and forms. For a detailed description of what is needed to have trial judges at a competition, please see the Competition Trial Judge Management Kit.
Competition Forms for Trial Judges (to be provided by club organizers)
- TJ Form 1 - LOC Information (4/09)
- TJ Form 2 - Trial Judge Sign In (5/09)
- TJ Form 3 - Practice Judge Sign In (4/09)
- TJ Form 4 SPD - Singles, Pairs, Dance Registration (2/11)
- TJ Form 4 SYS - Synchronized Registration (5/09)
- TJ Form 5 - IJS Chits (8/09)
- TJ Form 6 - Personal Data Sheet (8/09)
- TJ Form 7 - Element ID Sheet (8/09)
- TJ Form 8 - Data Comparison Sheet (4/09)
- TJ Form 9 - Evaluation (7/12, DOC)
Competition Appointment Evaluation Process (PDF)
Test Summary and Accuracy Tracking Sheets (Excel)
Blank Trial Judge Competition Tracking Spreadsheet (Excel)
Example Trial Competition Tracking Spreadsheet (Excel)
For the latest officials selections for qualifying and international competitions, please click here.