Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
Join us on Thursday, March 20, at 8 p.m. ET, to explore the figure skating club board's role in ensuring effective financial oversight. A club must keep complete, current and accurate financial records. The board should receive and review timely reports of the club's financial activities. During this Webinar, you'll learn some best practices to strong fiscal management and financial oversight such as budgeting, reviewing financial statements, compliance issues and responsible fundraising.
Club Education Seminars - Chicago and Seattle
Saturday, March 22nd, 8:30am - 4:30pm, Oak Brook, IL, Doubletree
Click here to register for Chicago - http://fs12.formsite.com/USFSAIT/form861/index.html
Wednesday, April 30th, 1:30 pm - 8:30 pm, Seattle prior to Governing Council
Click here to register for Seattle - http://fs12.formsite.com/USFSAIT/form912/index.html
Description of Club Education Seminars - Join us for an educational day discussing the day-to-day operations and business related topics of running a successful and financially viable figure skating club. Whether your club has been around for years or it has just been formed, you are the foundation of our sport and the essential link to the success of your members.
Topics discussed during the day will include:
- Solid governance practices to keep the club strong
- How to recruit, retain and reward club volunteers
- Dealing with difficult situations that may arise
- Club self-assessment tool - Checklist for Success
- New SafeSport Program and ways to implement and enforce
- Financial management and fundraising practices
- Skating programs to help grow and retain members in your club
Skating Director Course, Columbus, Ohio
May 19 - 21st To register, go to www.narce.com
Course Description: The Skating Director Program, presented by U.S. Figure Skating, is designed for skating directors, club board members, rink managers and coaches that are intent on offering the highest level of service and opportunity through their figure skating program. This program will encourage, motivate, and educate attendees on how to use the full array of U.S. Figure Skating programs to create a successful and financially viable figure skating program. This is one of the most important and beneficial seminars we offer. Don't miss out - it only happens once a year!
The 2-1/2 day seminar will focus on the seamless administration of successful programs and ways to build a healthy customer base, retain skaters and continue to move them through the pipeline of U.S. Figure Skating programs. Every presentation will provide information and resources that can be implemented on the local level.
- U.S. Figure Skating- How it works and what we offer to assist our programs and clubs
- Using creative ways to market and enhance existing programming
- Ideas for keeping skating FUN and affordable- from Basic Skills to Elite
- Adding unique Specialty Classes for increased retention of members
- Best practices of successful Figure Skating Clubs
- New SafeSport Program - resources, awareness, necessary policies and procedures to implement
- Learn how to develop an off-ice fitness program at your facility
- New Improvements to Basic Skills
- Opportunity to hear and share Real Programs that Work!
- Ways to educate the skating parent
- Strategic planning and setting goals for your overall program
- Comparison of structure and fees
- Networking and roundtable discussions with other Directors in the United States
The Skating Director's Course registration fee of $175 includes all course materials, daily lunch, and a pass to the RINK Expo trade show. To register, please visit www.NARCE.com. If you have questions regarding NARCE, please contact Jeff Theiler at 719-538-1149. Limited spots available, sign up today - class sold-out the past two years.
Visit the Member's Only site to view
- Real Programs that Work! (11/16/14)
- Governance Refesher Webinar (11/14/13)
- Destination Sochi Planning Webinar (10/24/13)
- Competition and Testing Tips for Parents (9/19/13)
- Introduction to the Intercollegiate Season (9/17/13)
- SafeSport Program Part Two (8/8/13)
- SafeSport Webinar (7/11/13)
- Showcase Competition Guidelines and Procedures (6/6/13)
- Hosting an Intercollegiate Competition (3/28/13)
- Adult Skating Webinar (3/21/13)
- High School Webinar (3/19/13)
- Fundraising Webinar (1/17/13)
- Membership Development Webinar, Part Two (10-18-12)
- Membership Development Slides Part One (9-20-12)
- Working with Your Club's Coaching Staff slides
- Q and A Rink Relations Webinar
- Air Quality
- Rink Relations Webinar slides
- What Makes Quality Ice
- 2012 Social Media Club Webinar Slides
- Hosting Parent Education Webinar
- Club Financial Management Slides - December 2011
- Club Governance Webinar Slides - November 2011
- Club Governance Webinar Q and A, 11-3-11
What they're saying about the Club Education Seminars ...
- "I learned how to be a successful board member. I am a first time attendee and would recommend this seminar to new and seasoned board members"
- "The seminar raised my awareness of what it takes to run an efficient and productive board for our club. I have concrete ideas that I am taking away today that I am excited to implement with my team."
- "It was a great introduction to nonprofit as well as specific U.S. Figure Skating club management information. I feel so much more confident in taking the next step in growing our club."