Starting and Managing a Synchronized Team
Starting a new synchronized team, or managing an existing team can be challenging and rewarding. Download U.S. Figure Skating's guide to getting through the process. Topics include:
- Basic U.S. Figure Skating information
- Roles within the team
- Team management responsibilities
- Expectations at each competition level
- Competitive structure
- Team finances
- Club relationships
- Sample agreements
Download the Guide to Starting and Managing a Team (updated 8/12) in PDF format.
Below are excerpts from the "Guide to Starting & Managing A Team" that contain important and pertinent information for teams and organizations of all levels and stages of development.
- Roles of the Coaching Staff (PDF)
- Synchronized Skating Finances (PDF)
- Selecting the Level of Your Team (PDF)
New Parents Education Materials!This downloadable presentation may be used by any synchronized skating team to educate team members and parents about U.S. Figure Skating, synchronized skating and the value participating brings to athletes. This presentation has been used nationwide by U.S. Figure Skating presenters at various seminars and workshops.
- Understanding Synchronized Skating & Its Value for Parents (Large PDF - 12 MB)