Governing Council Taking Place This Week in Lombard, Ill.
The happenings on Thursday and Friday largely consist of seminars, committee meetings and meetings of delegates from each of the three sections. Seminar topics include:
- Club Education
- Dos & Don'ts of Nonprofits
- Parents Education
- Recruit, Retain & Reward Volunteers
- Synchronized Skating
- Athlete Development
- Best Practices of Basic Skills
- Competitions: How & Why to Bid
- Help Us, Help You -- Recruit Those Officials!
- Social Networking
Governing Council officially begins Friday at 1:30 p.m. The Athlete Alumni Dinner is scheduled for that night from 7-9 p.m.
Governing Council resumes Saturday and continues until 5:30 p.m. Following that is the President's Reception from 6-8 p.m.
For more information, please visit the 2011 Governing Council page on U.S. Figure Skating Online.