CoachesJurisdiction: the collection of viewpoints and ideas at all levels; the coordination and representation of coaches serving on the many committees of U.S. Figure Skating
Coaches Committee LeadershipChair: Alex Chang
For a detailed job description, click here.
Mission of U.S Figure Skating Coaches Committee
The Coaches Committee has a combined mission statement that encompasses: Ethics, Education and Safety.
- Protecting the honesty and integrity of qualified individuals and eliminating unregulated access into a credible sport.
- Ethics violation sanctions to violators of our codes of ethics, such as suspensions from U.S. Figure Skating sanctioned events, qualifying competitions, PSA workshops/seminars for a period of time to be determined based on the severity of the violation.
- Combined code of ethics PSA, USOC
- U.S. Figure Skating, PSA, Coaches need to have a partnership.
- Coordinate with (U.S. Figure Skating, PSA, USOC, Ethics and Grievance committees.
- Providing quality and appropriate education to all athletes, coaches and judges (entry level to elite), educational opportunities in skating skills, and sports sciences.
- Sanctioned training camps through U.S. Figure Skating and PSA, including seminars as well as conference.
- Form a list of qualified master rated coaches for U.S. Figure Skating and the PSA to use for seminars, and training camps that have all agreed to a set pay scale for their services.
- Coordinate with U.S. Figure Skating, PSA, ADC, AAC, Judges and Sports Sciences
- Providing athletes with a more wholesome training environment, free of any harassment, and a sport where injury prevention and athlete development are held at a premium.
- Getting printed sport science information readily available by mail and e-mail, especially for entry-level coaches.
- Coordinate with (U.S. Figure Skating, ADC, AAC, Sports Science, USOC).